Church of the Holy Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

False report...

4 posters

Go down

False report... Empty False report...

Post  Soophy Cherryblossom Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Hey there,

This thread is about the following: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From an OOC perspectice this is false. It makes guards out to look incompetent and useless. Which is not the case. What truly happened here was that the Guardspeople on patrol were asking for more information regarding the kidnapping but the people involved didn't answer them at all. They were awefully vague about not being able to find the kidnapped woman anyway and no real RP feedback came.

Then when the Death Knight came, he was badmouthing the Guards. Even in real life, you can't get away with insulting the authorities so the Guardswoman decided to give him a scare and gave the suggestion to take him in. Naturally, not going to keep him. No weapons were drawn. Yet moments later, we hear about weapons indeed being drawn? That is a complaint? If you are going to give the guard a hard time, atleast get your facts straight OOC'ly because IC'ly our characters will get in trouble for such. Which will impede our RP.

The conclusion to this is that the Guards couldn't do anything from an OOC perspective. Even asking several times for more information regarding the kidnapping and getting blatantly ignored by the surrounding people. If they just left since there was no answer, we would've received a complaint. Several times trying to engage in the matter at hand were ignored. Then a random dude goes and calls the Guard stupid and we get in trouble for acting on it.

It just ticked me off, because reports like this will make us look like a bunch of tools OOC'ly. It makes us appear incompetent.

I'm not sure how wrong I am with this, it just felt very unfair to me. Especially to Madyson who was leading the recruits.

Soophy Cherryblossom

Back to top Go down

False report... Empty Re: False report...

Post  Avrak Ragebow Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:41 pm

The report in question is written from an IC perspective of the events that took place, both from the accounts of a member of the Cathedral's Staff and from a Silver Hander. ICly, in such a situation, and with what's been provided, of course Avy was annoyed when he found out, thus the report was filed.

OOCly I work closely with the City Guard each and every day, I spend most of the time I am RPing in-game in Mumble with many of their players and all of their officers, many of whom I consider to be friends. This was something that happened IC, and will be addressed accordingly. Whilst on an OOC level it might seem petty, or stupid, perhaps that is the case. But when you look at the larger picture of what's been going on in the City recently I think everyone, Guard included can agree that things are going to get worse before they get better, and frankly, on the whole, there's not been a lot going in the Guard's favour recently.

So whilst I appreciate your feelings on an OOC level, and admire your willingness to defend the Guard so steadfastly (which is something every Guild needs from it's members), it's an IC matter that will be addressed as such.
Avrak Ragebow
Avrak Ragebow
Admin

https://churchoflight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soophy Cherryblossom Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Fair enough, thank you for the reply. Smile

Soophy Cherryblossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Avrak Ragebow Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Thank you for providing your thoughts and feelings on the matter! Smile
Avrak Ragebow
Avrak Ragebow
Admin

https://churchoflight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nila Duane Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:22 am

I will, aswell, apologize if you have felt it unfair, it was, strickty from Nila's point of view, ICly.

I dont meen to pick on anyone group or single persons OOCly at all, but i felt aswell being ignored by the guards when we spoke, and things got quite confusing for all parts ic and ooc i think.

Nila Duane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarius Santana Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Being a guard and a church member I fully understand where this report comes from. Saying that IC is IC and the report is valid. OOC it may seem like the church are just bitching but you have to see it from the ic side and knowing those involved gotta say not a surprise.
Sarius Santana
Sarius Santana

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum